Zurich, Zurich, CH
Senior Property Underwriter (80-100%)
About Swiss Re Corporate Solutions
Swiss Re is one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer. We anticipate and manage risks, from natural catastrophes and climate change to cybercrime.
Swiss Re Corporate Solutions is the commercial insurance arm of the Swiss Re Group. We offer innovative insurance solutions to large and midsized multinational corporations from our approximately 50 locations worldwide. We help clients mitigate their risk exposure, whilst our industry-leading claims service provides them with additional peace of mind.
Swiss Re Corporate Solutions offers a flexible working environment where curious and adaptable people thrive. Are you interested in joining us?
About Swiss Re
Swiss Re Corporate Solutions provides risk transfer solutions to large and mid-sized corporations around the world. Its innovative, highly customized products and standard insurance covers help to make businesses more resilient, while its industry-leading claims service provides additional peace of mind. Swiss Re Corporate Solutions serves clients from over 50 offices worldwide and is backed by the financial strength of the Swiss Re Group.
About the Role
- Underwriting Property risks in the Swiss market in accordance with internal processes and guidelines
- Managing a portfolio of existing clients and also further develop the portfolio by expanding existing client relationships as well as winning new ones
- Promoting Swiss Re Corporate Solutions with a focus on our new primary lead insurance offering, including promotion of our wording and network capabilities
- Preparing quotations, structuring programs and offering client oriented solutions
- Developing strategies and drive initiatives to enhance our position on current accounts and to cross-sell other lines of business in cooperation with internal stakeholders from Client Management and Underwriting
- Working in a highly collaborative, matrix and multi-cultural environment, taking ownership and accountability to provide superior service to our clients and brokers
- Pro-actively foster and expand relationships with clients and brokers in the Swiss market
- Keeping deep knowledge of Swiss Insurance market in respects of wordings, insurance law, regulations and market trends and insights
- Contributing to or leading internal projects or initiatives to further develop four strategy and related offering
- Coaching, advising and developing young professionals or junior underwriters
- Promoting and living positive interaction and collaboration with internal partners, such as client managers, risk engineers, the operations teams as well as the claims team and other internal stakeholders
- Negotiating also complex, “out of the box” deals and presenting transactions to internal approval bodies
About the Team
Swiss Re Corporate Solutions has been successful in building and growing a substantial property book across the EMEA region and in Switzerland. In order to continue strengthening our local lead & coinsurance capabilities and providing underwriting excellence to the Swiss Market we are searching a Senior Property Underwriter with experience in the Swiss commercial insurance market. We are a team of dedicated professionals with the ambition to strengthen our footprint in the Swiss Market.
- You should have a successful track record in underwriting medium and large corporate accounts, a strong network in the Swiss market and an entrepreneurial mindset which will enable us to profitably expand our portfolio by leveraging your outstanding underwriting and origination skills.
- You will be responsible for communicating with existing clients, brokers and other business partners, as well as identifying new prospective clients, brokers and business segments, whilst at the same time handling portfolios which have been assigned to you.
- With more than 10 years of relevant underwriting experience you are expected to be able to assess risks, coverages, terms and conditions of an insurance or reinsurance placement also for complex risks, ensuring compliance with guidelines such as our underwriting and pricing framework, the Code of Conduct and other corporate governance rules.
- A strong broker and client network in Switzerland and good knowledge of market developments is expected. You will assist with marketing and promoting the company to clients, brokers and other market bodies.
- Your job will involve close interaction among others with client managers, underwriters in the team and the Swiss Re organization.
- You are able to work solution and result orientated, dealing with complex insurance program structures, handling also peak working loads
- You enjoy working in a team environment, building networks with peers and partners
- You should be comfortable working in a highly collaborative, matrix and multi-cultural environment, taking ownership and accountability to get things done both internally and externally to provide superior service to our clients / brokers.
- Excellent sales, negotiation, influencing and presentation skills are part of your strengths.
- You are expected to significantly contribute to and/or develop strategies as well as drive initiatives holistically and with the right leadership attitude
- German and English language proficiency is expected, ideally complemented by French and/or Italian language skills.
- Your level of energy, dedicated behavior and creative mind is important for this position.
Reference Code: 94287
Job Segment: Underwriter, Claims, Web Design, Compliance, Insurance, Creative, Legal