Zurich, Zurich, CH
Senior Reinsurance Contracts Counsel (80-100%)
About Swiss Re
Swiss Re is one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer, working to make the world more resilient. We anticipate and manage a wide variety of risks, from natural catastrophes and climate change to cybercrime.
At Swiss Re we combine experience with creative thinking and cutting-edge expertise to create new opportunities and solutions for our clients. This is possible thanks to the collaboration of more than 13,000 employees across the world.
We offer a flexible working environment where curious and adaptable people thrive. Are you interested in joining us?
About the role
Are you passionate about drafting contracts? Would you like to help us shape future of our business?
If your secret weapon is building cooperative relationships with colleagues and clients while using your legal knowledge, keep reading!
Our team is seeking a Senior Reinsurance Contracts Counsel to join us in supporting reinsurance business in EMEA. You will draft and review reinsurance contract wordings, advise on reinsurance contract related matters and engage with internal and external clients to negotiate and finalize the terms of reinsurance contracts.
- Apply your senior level reinsurance experience and extensive legal skills to the development of our reinsurance contracts
- Independently draft and critique reinsurance contracts and related documents to align written agreements with business intent and corporate requirements
- Align Swiss Re's reinsurance contracts with applicable law, regulations and internal requirements
- Coordinate, communicate and participate in development of corporate policies on contract related matters
- Collaborate with internal partners in contract negotiations, including discussions with external clients and brokers
- Act as expert technical advisor, providing guidance to various corporate functions regarding contract interpretation, implications of contract language and best practices
- Contribute to our technology transformation journey by supporting the enhancement of our contract management IT infrastructure working closely with and developing our contract management tools
- Develop training materials and deliver training on contract related matters
- Maintain strong governance risk and control standards with respect to contract wordings and processes.
In this role we encourage you to develop and apply a thorough understanding of relevant law, regulations and market practices in the EMEA region. You will also require strong analytical abilities, experience in business negotiations, and excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to engage confidently and in an impactful manner with internal stakeholders and clients. We are seeking a candidate with an innovative, pragmatic and results-oriented mindset, who possesses the ability to work independently with a sense of personal responsibility and accountability, while also building cooperative relationships with internal and external partners.
- University degree in law and further professional legal qualifications
- Extensive experience in re/insurance as a lawyer/attorney or related experience such as contract/policy specialist or claims handling role
- Solid understanding of P&C products and local re/insurance markets
- Digital contracting capabilities, data analytical capabilities are a plus
- Strong negotiations skills and communication skills
- Analytical thinking
- Agile, pragmatic and can-do attitude
- Proficiency in English and German and ability to draft contracts in both languages (other languages are a plus)
Did we catch your attention?
We look forward to your application!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Swiss Re offers modern work models and attractive work places that allow all employees to adapt to changing work preferences and life phases.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Reference Code: 100704
Job Segment: Underwriter, Purchasing, Claims, Contract Manager, Law, Insurance, Finance, Legal