The Research Institute of Organic Agriculture FiBL is one of the world’s leading research and information centres for organic agriculture. We are implementing in partnership with local partners research projects in Latin America and Africa on agroforestry with a focus on sustainable cocoa, oil palm and coco. For strengthening our agroforestry expertise in Frick we are seeking by September 2021 or by agreement a
Senior Scientist Agroforestry (100%)
who is interested in leading projects promoting and further developing agroforestry systems based on the principles of organic agriculture in the tropics. Frequent travelling is required.
Ideally you have the following profile
- A master or PhD in agronomy/agroecology/forestry ideally with a specialization on agriculture economics or similar education
- Practical experience in the management of agroforestry systems under tropical conditions
- Excellent scientific or Research for Development profile with a good understanding of applied research
- Working experience in Europe and Latin America or Africa
- Enjoyment of intercultural communication and international cooperation
- Oral and written fluency in English and a good command of Spanish; knowledge of German and French are an advantage.
We are offering
- An open-end employment (100 %) based in Switzerland
- An inspiring working environment and an exciting opportunity for career development
- Possibility to work independently and in teams, with a significant level of personal responsibility.
- An opportunity to work with a world class team of experts in the field of organic agriculture
- Attractive contractual terms and remuneration.
Beate Huber is looking forward to answer any question you may have.
Please submit your electronic application (motivation letter, CV, certificates, references) in English language to bewerbung(at)fibl.org until 30.06.2021.