Location: Rapperswil, Switzerland
Semtech Corporation (NASDAQ:SMTC; www.semtech.com) is a leading supplier of high-quality analogue and mixed-signal semiconductor products and leads the development of solutions and services based on the LoRa (Low Power, Long Range) network standard for the Internet of Things.
Leveraging over 6 decades of experience in designing and delivering semiconductor products that serve the most mission-critical needs of our customers, Semtech has a unique position in the IoT that spans end devices, network and cloud.
Leveraging the LoRa standard, developed by Cycleo (acquired by Semtech in 2012), Semtech produces a wide range of edge device and network solutions that leverage license-free radio bands to create both public and private network solutions for a wide range of IoT use cases globally.
LoRa is supported by a vibrant and growing ecosystem of participants, led by the LoRa Alliance (an open, nonprofit association that has grown to more than 500 members since inception in March 2015), and is today the leading LPWAN based networking solution with over 140 public and private network operators spanning 162 countries.
Semtech has a unique opportunity to combine these capabilities to dramatically simplify the development, deployment and management of LoRa-based IoT solutions, and is looking to recruit experienced software engineers for its Software & Cloud Services team in Rapperswil, Switzerland. The team is responsible for designing, developing, productizing, and operating LoRa related cloud services ranging from device and network management to IoT analytics and geo-location. This is an exciting position, requiring a rare combination of deep technical cloud development skills, understanding of cloud infrastructure management, software quality and security compliance, wireless networks and protocols, and interest in IoT solutions.
Semtech is headquartered in Camarillo, California with 31 offices in 14 countries around the world, given the pivotal nature of this role in determining the future of LoRa there is scope for this role to be based in Rapperswil, Switzerland.
This is an exciting position, requiring a rare combination of deep technical cloud development skills, understanding of cloud infrastructure management, software quality and security compliance, wireless networks and protocols, and interest in IoT solutions
- Work in an advanced international R&D team to deliver high-quality products.
- Implement, deploy, and operate services on major cloud platforms (preferably AWS).
- Have a very good understanding of container-based ecosystems.
- Emphasise security, compliance, and a CT/CI/CD driven software development approach.
- Create automated test, service monitoring, and alerting software.
- Create documentation, interact with customers, and provide support.
- Develop proof-of-concept applications or customers solutions.
- Be a creative and innovative team player with excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
Qualifications & Experience Required:
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent,
- Fluent in English and excited to work in an international team,
- Extensive experience with Linux, Python, SQL databases (PostgreSQL), Docker/Kubernetes, Bash, JSON, Git
- A genuine passion for programming and problem solving,
- Has experience with agile processes and SCRUM,
- Strong experience with network and server management (routing, firewalls, network services, security, virtual machines, distributed systems, backup and high-availability, monitoring)
- Strong experience with deploying and managing solutions on the Amazon cloud platform (AWS) and using AWS services
- Strong experience with creating container-based solutions
- Good understanding of and passion for the Internet of Things (IoT),
- A good understanding of wireless networks and technologies (LoRa, WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS) is a plus
- Desire to improve via self-motivated learning, consistently maintaining awareness of changes in the IoT/cloud market
Career Growth Philosophy:
At Semtech, we seek innovation and leadership from each and every member of our team. Our goal is to ensure that our talented professionals are equipped with support, resources, and the opportunity to excel. The career development program is an important part of our recruiting strategy. Our pay-for-performance philosophy provides recognition and prestige coupled with a competitive compensation package.
The intent of this job description is to describe the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be required to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically included in this description.
All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subjected to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.