Work Area: Sales
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures. SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
Senior Solution Sales Executive (f/m/d) Intelligence Spend Management
ABOUT THE TEAM
The Line of Business Intelligent Spend Management is responsible for the successful sales of our solution portfolio to meet the challenges of modern spend management. Our goal is to acquire new customers and to break new ground with existing customers. By selling our market-leading cloud solutions, it is our task to support the vision of SAP SE, to help customers in their transformation to a digital world and to position themselves flexibly for the future and the challenges faced by the market today.
Duties and Responsibilities:
A Senior Solution Sales Executive’s primary function is to sell SAP Ariba/Fieldglass Spend Management Cloud software, solutions and related services to prospective and existing Financial Services customers.
- Responsible for prospecting, qualifying, selling, and closing software/service revenue for both new and existing FS customers.
- Build relationships with key executives and decision makers within assigned accounts.
- Form strategic account plans including customer profiles, targeted programs, application descriptions, forecast reports, and action items.
- Develop and maintain technical and marketing knowledge of the entire SAP Ariba/Fieldglass product line.
- Develop, share and maintain an in-depth knowledge of all key competitors.
- Interact with the current sales organization and all other SAP Ariba/Fieldglass Colleagues in pursuit of overall customer satisfaction.
- Assume full responsibility of quota attainment.
- Participation and involvement in applicable industry conferences both internal and external.
Business Strategy & Planning:
- Establish a LoB business plan aligned to the customer base that assigns both responsibilities and accountabilities on a functional and positional basis, with goals and strategies clearly defined and measurable.
- Achieve alignment within the assigned region and account base, regarding the prioritization of goals and strategies developed within the business plan.
- Track progress against the business and revenue plan by documenting specific activities, owners and timeframes to support goals and strategies.
- Ensure that the goals and strategies of the sales and growth business plan are properly synchronized with those of the plans of the Market Unit.
- Effectively communicate LoB strategy and plans and increase mind share within the partner community, with press and industry analysts and throughout the marketplace in general.
Customer Value Creation:
- Establish region benchmarks that focus on the creation of customer value through the identification and communication of well-articulated, customer-specific value propositions that meet and satisfy the customer’s key business drivers.
- Integrate all customer-facing functions of the MU into effective, virtual account teams that are committed to achieving lasting, value-based customer relationships that can be measured in
- terms of customer satisfaction.
- Foster a team culture that will proactively seek to solve customer problems and issues by first
- understanding the concerns of the customer, following up appropriately, resolving conflicts in
- scheduling and resources as needed, and maintaining, at all times, customer focus as a #1 priority.
- Recognize employee contributions to resolving customer issues before they become escalations, communicating these successes to the organization in a timely manner.
- Build a personal network of executive relationships with key customers that can be leveraged within SAP for value creation in such areas as references, PR, media, SAP industry events and ongoing strategy and collaboration.
- Establish a culture that will be conducive to ongoing coaching and in which individuals can learn and grow through adopting shared best practices in a spirit of teamwork.
- Structure, build, develop and coach a management team within the region that operates under an effectively communicated vision and a common set of shared values and principles.
- Foster a collaborative environment within the region that will serve as a foundation for the exchange of information and knowledge, allowing the region to evolve into a learning organization where people are recognized as thought leaders for their knowledge contributions to their peers and their effective communication throughout SAP.
- Support and provide leadership as needed for all SAP promotions and events affecting the business of the Sector, including but not limited to: SAPPHIRE, industry solution days and executive events.
- Interface and collaborate with other SSE’s and Large Enterprise Account Executives to share resources, best practices and ideas.
- Minimum 5+ years proven track record in business application software sales for Cloud/SaaS solutions.
- Solid experience in a large multinational software/technology vendor – develop and executing business plans and programmes.
- Strong track record in the Procurement, or On Demand market consistently delivering against business targets.
- Track record of successfully selling/liaising at C level with a corporate client network.
- Track record in working with large corporate clients successfully.
- Good insight into international markets, LoB market, SAP customers and partners.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATION / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Minimum a bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Past software sales experience in the following areas including Supply Chain Management, Procurement, Sourcing/Contracts, Finance/AP, ERP or Workforce Management.
- Business fluency in English and German is a must, French is an asset.
- Strong relationship building skills both internally and externally and able to navigate and effectively manage his/her business successfully in a heavy matrix organization locally however also important to think globally, act locally.
- Superior insight into the Procurement, or On Demand market, it’s complexities, new product business opportunity, segmentation and strong ability to develop, implement and drive sales strategy that maximizes that opportunity for SAP and aggressively grows revenue.
- Excellent business and commercial acumen – strong strategic agility.
- Excellent communications skills and highly developed interpersonal skills and strong ability to work collaboratively across the organization and obtain positive visibility and credibility quickly.
- Able to quickly understand the business, its issues, take ownership and develop and execute a strategy with the team that positively transforms the business and drives operational excellence and increased revenues. Individual who champions change and leads by example through business change initiatives.
- Has high intellect, strong personal impact and gravitas, is highly energized and enthusiastic high potential who is hungry for success whilst demonstrating maturity/credibility in the way they manage their business.
- An individual with passion and enthusiasm who will embrace this great opportunity to drive the LoB successfully into its next growth phase.
- Strong problem solving, analytical capability.
- High level of integrity and ethical approach to doing business.
Are you looking for a compelling career or an exciting adventure?
At SAP, you don’t have to choose. As the global leader for business software, SAP helps companies in more than 25 industries and has employees in 130+ countries—which means tons of opportunities for you to grow and expand your career. As the inventor and visionary that reimagines what’s possible in the digital economy, SAP is changing the game of business as we know it.
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Job Segment: Sales Management, ERP, Manager, Supply, Sales, Technology, Management, Operations