Zurich, Zurich, CH
Senior System Engineer (80 - 100%)
About Swiss Re
Swiss Re is one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer, working to make the world more resilient. We anticipate and manage a wide variety of risks, from natural catastrophes and climate change to cybercrime.
At Swiss Re we combine experience with creative thinking and cutting-edge expertise to create new opportunities and solutions for our clients. This is possible thanks to the collaboration of more than 13,000 employees across the world.
We offer a flexible working environment where curious and adaptable people thrive. Are you interested in joining us?
About the Role
The '(Transactional) Enterprise Document Management' Squad delivers company-wide solutions offering according core capabilities and platforms in the area of (integrated & automated) document processing, storing and management. The team covers and manages the life cycle of according base components that can be leveraged in business applications fully end-to-end.
It provides the basic functionalities and capabilities, the basis or backend if you will, for document induction, for OCR’ing, document processing, for renditions, template-based document generation and for document management.
In this position, you will be part of this Squad, delivering document management functionality to our clients. Current platform solution is OpenText Documentum, enhanced with internal and 3rd party extensions and additions for document creation and renditions as well as document induction, in a next step – going into Public Cloud – the future platform will have to be defined and decided on.
As an engineer in the EDM Squad you will be mutually responsible for further development of the platform, and for engineering required products and services to above scope. You will be embedded in a Squad of platform engineers and work on defined deliveries, captured in user stories and backlog items which you actively help decide on and shape to ensure delivery of state-of-the-art document handling and document management capabilities to the enterprise, meeting clients' requirements and needs and business strategy. Furthermore, your peers and you are responsible to keep the existing solutions fit for the future by constantly updating them with the newest and most relevant technologies.
You are committed to maintaining and maturing your deep engineering expertise, keeping up with new developments and innovations in your area of expertise, and following engineering best practices and industry standards, with a dedication to listen to the customers' voice and meeting their expectations.
Your main responsibilities:
- Deliver state-of-the-art transactional document management capabilities and platform(s) to the enterprise that can be used across the company, and keep them fit for the future by constantly updating them with the newest and most relevant technologies (incl. migration to the Public Cloud)
- Provide well-engineered, stable, scalable and maintainable high-performance, value-generating (platform) solutions for document and records management, that easily can be used by, integrated with and leveraged in business solutions
- Maintain and improve existing and future platforms in the area of document mgmt
- Support the migration of platform solutions and applications into the Public Cloud
- Make available standard, modern interfaces (APIs) to be used by clients to induce and access as well as handle and manage documents and records in business solutions
- Provide well-founded consultancy to clients looking for apt, best-value-for-money document mgmt solutions that deliver to clients' business goals and requirements
- Create and maintain needed documentation and guidance, sharing your knowledge and expertise in team and across teams as well as with clients
- Keep with standards, architectural patterns and industry's best practices, ensure a safe implementation and setup/configuration of all (platform) solutions and components in your area, meeting defined security standards and requirements
- Help consolidate the number of independent technologies used for document management
About the Team
The core scope of the Product Area your Squad belongs to includes:
- Define, design and provide data exchange, data integration and data transformation capabilities and core solution(s) for Swiss Re (for internal & external data exchange)
- Provide features for defining producers & consumers of data, support data lineage
- Define and provide a basis for easy-to-use reporting solutions to clients (dev teams)
- Design and provide scheduling, job execution and automation capabilities across the various platforms in use within Swiss Re that can be leveraged in all business applications as needed
- Provide job execution control & logging end-to-end (critical path, monitoring, …)
- Deliver state-of-the-art transactional document management, providing needed capabilities & functionality for document induction, OCR’ing, renditions, template-based document generation and document management
- Consolidate technologies, solutions and platforms used within Swiss Re for data exchange, scheduling & batch execution, and document management
- Define target tech. architectures, and guidelines and standards in mentioned areas
- Keep provided solutions fit to meet business’/clients’ changing requirements by constantly updating them with the newest & most relevant technologies
We are happy to meet you if you possess:
- 6+ years of experience in enterprise platform management with document management solutions (hands on), DevSecOps and continuous integration, in change management, and in Operating Systems/OS
- In-depth understanding of document management concepts and approaches, of document life-cycle (ILM), archiving, retention handling, and of document renditions and formats
- Expert knowledge in at least one market-leading document management solution
- Closeness to client(s), feel confident to be in discussions and exchange with clients directly
- Good and deep scripting and programming skills & knowledge (based on and following sound software development practices and DevOps principles) – more especially: shell (bash, ksh), PowerShell, Perl and/or Python programming skills
- Command of SQL (Query Language) and a good understanding of relational databases, DB design knowledge is a plus
- Create and maintain accurate and clear documentation (architecture/architectural topology, implementation, scripts, …)
- Skilled and experienced in installing & administering software (running on both, Linux and Windows), and developing and maintaining installations (incl. monitoring, alerting and housekeeping)
- Deep Linux knowledge is a required key skill in current solution (administering & operating the OS)
- Sound understanding of (Linux) networks setup/networking, able to diagnose Linux networking and connectivity issues
- Platform monitoring and alerting (strategies and tools)
- (Platform) Security knowledge, experience and skills, good understanding of security mechanisms (like PKI key management, Kerberos/OAuth(2.0), password vault, data encryption, proxy and firewall setup, file system security, Unix specific security, …)
- Issue handling and troubleshooting experience (in virtualized environments)
- Cloud experience and exposure (building & managing architectures, use of modern implementation patterns, know Cloud platform capabilities & offerings) is a big advantage
- OpenText Documentum installation/configuration knowledge and experience is a plus
- Fluency in English is a must
Interested in this new challenge? We are looking forward to your application!
Learn more about GoAgile here: https://swissre.sharepoint.com/sites/GoAgile
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Swiss Re offers modern work models and attractive work places that allow all employees to adapt to changing work preferences and life phases.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Reference Code: 99824
Job Segment: Change Management, Management