Marketing & Communications·Multiple locations
Senior Website Specialist
Apply for this job
South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Marketing and Communications teams are the key ambassadors of our corporate brand. From overseeing the way in which we approach our clients and showcase our products and services, to positioning South Pole as a global thought leader in the fight for climate action, we sharpen and strengthen our brand positioning and multiply our impact in the market through our strong value proposition. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
At South Pole, we continue to grow at pace and our website and digital team are continuing to build on their successes to date. We are now looking for an experienced Senior Website Specialist (Product Owner), who can hit the ground running by managing and developing our web assets to ensure a continually-optimising web experience for our audience.
The successful candidate will work with a wide range of stakeholders from around the globe to continually optimise and manage South Pole’s web assets, not only on www.southpole.com but also across a growing list of ancillary websites.
If you have an approach that can combine the needs of the user and the needs of the business into an innovative and inspiring web experience, then we would love to hear from you.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Ongoing maintenance and development of www.southpole.com, along with other websites which South Pole manages, through a planned release programme of incremental website improvements
- Continuously drive improvements in the online user experience by applying a data driven approach to define, prioritise and validate the roadmap and backlog across multiple sites, using multiple data sources and customer insight (qualitative and quantitative)
- Leading end to end website product initiatives including using research and discovery, development of user flows, wireframes and stories (with UX/Design), and ongoing optimisation in an agile manner
- Manage business stakeholders to gather well-defined requirements in line with business objectives and manage expectations as well as gain sign off on deliverables
- Work with key marketing and communications stakeholders to deliver marketing web assets (growth hacks / campaigns / regional structures / marcomms content etc) to fulfill objectives from a marketing / communications perspective to a high standard of user experience.
- Work with other departments (communications, marketing, solutions and practices, operations, legal) to identify customer pain points on the websites and to develop possible solutions
- Implement regional marketing approach across web assets, with best practices from user and design perspective at top of mind.
- Guide technical delivery teams by translating business requirements into technical stories and vice versa
- Implement on-site SEO updates across the website
- Act as the point of contact across the business for our key web solutions
- Work closely with other technical teams, eg API integration, data exchange and reporting solutions
- Implement legal and compliance requirements as required onsite, working with internal and external teams to define and implement the same.
- Identify the latest trends and technologies affecting our industry.
- Experience in a similar website role is essential
- 3rd party digital development agency management experience
- Strong Google Analytics experience and exceptional general analytics and data knowledge, with the ability to use data to derive insight
- UX and UI design experience would be beneficial, including application and testing of innovation in design across desktop and mobile interfaces
- Experience in A/B and multivariate testing on web assets (desktop and mobile)
- Experience in content management via CMS and Wordpress
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to talk and present to a range of audiences, across different geographies and business functions
- Experience within cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated experience in backlog management, User Story development and prioritization
- Strong level of commercial acumen to ensure understanding of the business value
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills, with a high level of attention to detail
- Being detail-oriented and capable of delivering solutions to a high level of accuracy
- Proven experience in business analysis and product ownership
- User testing experience (in person and remote)
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS/JS
- The ability to work under pressure, and balance multiple workloads concurrently
- Exceptional communication and requirement gathering skills
- A passion for creating solutions with a positive attitude to change
- B2B marketing / communications experience
- Project Management experience (agile and waterfall)
- Experience with a global company working across multiple countries, languages and markets
- Experience with Salesforce/Pardot
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make and South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Marketing & Communications
Amsterdam, Paris, London, Berlin, Zurich, Stockholm, Frankfurt, Munich
Apply for this job
- Head of Public AffairsMarketing & Communications·Multiple locations
- Senior Digital Communications SpecialistMarketing & Communications·Multiple locations
- Marketing Campaign Specialist - NordicsMarketing & Communications·Stockholm
Amsterdam Paris London Berlin Zurich Stockholm Frankfurt Munich
Fred. Roeskestraat 115
1076 EE Amsterdam
48 Warwick St
W1B 5NL London
Directions+44 20 3980 9560View page
Directions+41 43 501 35 50View page
111 43 Stockholm
Design Offices Frankfurt Wiesenhüttenplatz
60329 Frankfurt am Main
Life as a Penguin on the Iceberg
Health & Wellbeing
We believe that health is central to happiness. We organise many wellbeing activities such as yoga, meditation sessions, sports groups, healthy snacks, active breaks, etc.
From flexible working hours to flexible workplace (home office), with above-average vacation allowances, we strive to make the work and family life puzzle an easy one for our employees.
We practice what we preach
From Vegan Days to plastic-free lunches, off-setting our own Company emissions and countless other initiatives, we fully live our values and lead by example on a daily basis.
Company outings and events
It is not only hard work, we also have lots of fun! We frequently get together to celebrate our successes, do activities together and get to know each other better
What makes us unique
At South Pole, we are first and foremost a purpose-driven Company. People join us because they believe in our mission and want to be part of a community that fights together for our shared values and beliefs. But that is not the only reason why working at South Pole is such a rewarding experience.
- We know that our vision to help create a greener world is both bold and challenging. To achieve it, we settle for nothing less than the absolute best. We form a Community that is stronger than the sum of its parts.
- Entrepreneurial at heart. It’s not just our founders who are entrepreneurs. We actively promote an innovative mindset at all levels of the organisation, where each and every employee is encouraged to challenge the status quo and empowered to make decisions.
- Growing employees in a growing company. With a team of smart, passionate and engaged colleagues, as well as an increasing demand from our clients, opportunities to learn, develop our skills and grow our careers are endless.
- All for one, and one for all! Above all other things, what truly drives our dedication and commitment to our purpose is our colleagues. We learn from each other and grow together. Because that is who Penguins are.
About South Pole
At South Pole, we work with businesses and governments across the globe. We help realise deep decarbonisation pathways across industries, based on a thorough understanding of climate risks and opportunities in specific sectors, as well as the highest emission reduction standards.
Visit www.southpole.com for more information.
Founded in 2006 Coworkers 600+