The FRL organization at Facebook is helping more people around the world come together and connect through world-class Augmented and Virtual reality (AR/VR) products. With global departments dedicated to research and development in computer vision, machine learning, haptics, social interaction, and more, AR/VR is committed to driving the state of the art forward through relentless innovation. The potential to change the world is immense - and we’re just getting started. Augmented and Virtual reality will transform the way people come together to work and play. By developing new hardware and software products capable of understanding human appearance, movement and expression, we aim to make it possible for people to feel like they are directly in front of each other, despite being separated by vast distances. Our XR People organization in Zurich is focused on research and development of machine perception technologies from early concepts to production level across all of Facebook’s AR/VR products and surfaces including Oculus products and Family of Apps (Facebook, Instagram, Messenger, WhatsApp). We develop core capabilities across a range of product domains including Avatars, AR/VR remote presence/calling, AR Commerce, AR Sharing, and more. In this role, you will be researching and developing state of the art computer vision and computer graphics technologies for solving challenges that bridge virtual and real worlds and can impact billions of people. You will be setting technical direction for the projects you work on and will have opportunities to collaborate with researchers in Facebook Reality Labs (FRL). There are lots of exciting and challenging unsolved problems in computer vision and computer graphics for AR/VR. It is early days and we're looking for you to usher in the next era of human-human and human-computer interaction by solving these problems together with us.Software Engineer - Graphics (AR Commerce) Responsibilities
- Design and develop novel computer vision and computer graphics algorithms in areas such as real-time photorealistic rendering, photoreal material modeling, physics-based animation, motion capture.
- Develop prototypes for future AR/VR experiences, drive continued development, and integrate robust solutions into product.
- Collaborate with cross-functional engineering and research teams in computer vision, machine learning, graphics and art.
- Write high-quality, performant, and maintainable code.
- 3+ years of object-oriented and component based design experience.
- 3+ years of experience with C/C++ programming.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or similar field.
- Knowledge of ray tracing, rasterization and linear algebra.
- Experience developing with game engines such as Unity or Unreal.
- Experience implementing advanced 3D graphics features such as lighting, effects, shaders and other low-level system
- Experience shipping AAA Games
- Experience with mobile CPU/GPU programming
- Experience developing or modifying camera pipeline on mobile platform.
- Experience with tools such as Maya, Houdini, Blender, 3Ds Max, Arnold, RenderMan, or Cycles
- Knowledge of image processing and computer vision techniques.
- Virtual reality experience (Rift, Vive, Go, Gear VR, etc.), AR or MR.
LocationsAbout the Facebook company Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable support (called accommodations) in our recruiting processes for candidates with disabilities, long term conditions, mental health conditions or who are neurodivergent, and to candidates with sincerely held religious beliefs or requiring pregnancy related support. If you need support, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.