Thoratec Switzerland GmbH is part of Abbott Laboratories, one of the world’s leading companies in medical devices and healthcare. We are the global market leader for implantable and extracorporeal blood pump systems based on magnetic bearings. Our lifesaving medical devices, which are developed and produced on-site in Zurich, are used for the short- and long-term treatment of patients suffering from severe heart disease.
Our Zurich site employs approximately 100 people, covering areas including R&D and manufacturing. Currently, we are expanding our innovative and high-caliber team in Zurich and an exciting opportunity exists for a motivated and talented software engineer.
Software Engineer NPI
As part of the New Product Introduction (NPI) team, you are responsible for the development of software for the test and manufacturing of life-sustaining medical devices. Your main goals would be to design and develop PC based desktop applications for product verification, validation, test, and manufacturing.
- The design, development, test, documentation, release, and maintenance of embedded as well as PC based software
- The software under your responsibility will be used on custom-made testers and will be used to drive and measure the performance of peripherals such as motors, actuators and sensors
- Collaboration with the R&D team to decide on measurement parameters, measurement methods and the acceptation criteria
- Support the manufacturing team with the introduction and the usage of custom-made testers
- MSc in Computer Science or equivalent
- 2-5 years of experience in the development of PC based desktop programming
- 2-5 years of experience in the development of Embedded Micro Processing / embedded applications
- Experience in the management of complete software life cycles
- Experience with laboratory equipment such as LabVIEW, MATLAB, National Instruments
- Individual contributor as well as a good team member
- Fluent in English, German a plus
- A challenging position in a fast-growing crisis independent industry
- To become part of a young, dynamic, highly educated, highly skilled, and motivated team
- Flat hierarchies, open appreciative mentality, and efficient, constructive lines of communication
- Multi-national environment, where we foster the development of our talents within the enterprise
- Competitive compensations and benefits
- A workplace in the center of Zurich with R&D and manufacturing under one roof
Looking forward to receiving your application documents including CV, motivation letter, and job certificates in PDF format.
EPHF Electrophysiology & Heart Failure
Switzerland : Technoparkstrass 1 CH 8005