Back to Previous Page
Job ID 314341BR Position Title Soluble Biomarker Lead (80-100%)* Apply to Job
38! Soluble Biomarkers contributed to advance science in 8 First In Human and >10 Proof of Concept studies. Data contributed to demonstrate pathway engagement, proof of biology and identify the right drug and the optimal dose for the right patient! 25 innovative soluble biomarker methods were developed in >5 disease relevant tissues.
As we strive to be one of the leading companies in Precision Medicine through the delivery of an end-to-end biomarker strategy, there is an increased request for biomarker support from early to late phase studies. A junior Biomarker Study Lead will support early and late phase program teams by providing scientific contribution to the biomarker strategy and by executing on the biomarker plan (from biomarker selection to implementation).
• Supports biomarker strategies and plan in collaboration with Biomarker Expert, Therapeutic Area Head and experts outside of BioMarker Development
• Support early and late phase clinical studies as biomarker study lead; be accountable for the execution of the biomarker plan and the successful implementation of internal and external biomarker activities
• Enable analytical validation and implementation of fit-for-purpose soluble biomarker solutions in clinical programs
• Ensure that high quality biomarker data are available on time for clinical decision points
• Drive the identification, evaluation, development and application of new biomarker modalities and innovative technologies to solve complex challenges in clinical trials
• Manage activities and supervise laboratory in compliance with Novartis guidelines and Good Clinical Practice
What you’ll bring to the role:
• PhD in Biology, Biochemistry or Pharmacology
• Postdoctoral fellowship completed and industry experience (2+ year) heading a drug discovery or other research related laboratory
• Demonstrate in-depth knowledge and broad analytical expertise (ligand binding assay and/or Mass Spectrometry and/or flow cytometry)
• Knowledge of the overall drug development process
• Ability to work in a matrix environment
• Ability to communicate effectively with excellent internal and external communication and presentations skills
• Fluent in English, written and spoken
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That’s how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
*Some restrictions on flexible working options may apply and will be discussed during interview if applicable.
Join our Novartis Network:
If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here:
https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network Division NIBR Business Unit Translational Medicine Location Switzerland Site Basel Company/Legal Entity Novartis Pharma AG Functional Area Research & Development Job Type Full Time Employment Type Regular Shift Work No
Apply to Job
Access Job Account
- Jump to Comments