In our Analytical Instruments (MTANA) Division, we deal with innovative measuring instruments that have an excellent image and a globally leading position on the market. Within the organization, we can make a significant contribution to the introduction of new product lines.
For our global operational headquarters in Greifensee, Zurich, we are looking for a competent Strategic Buyer (100%) for a dynamic and motivated team, which plays an important role within the unit and acts as a central hub to group functions.
In this role, your responsibilities would include:
- Complete strategic sourcing process of new materials, negotiate contracts, raise requests for new vendors, and communicate purchase info record (PIR) and Contract data to Buyers
- Manage supplier relationship to ensure performance on cost, quality, and delivery
- Maintain material master purchasing data and sourcing lists
- For new materials: review purchase requisitions, and perform tactical sourcing activities including purchase order issuance
- Work with our product lifecycle management (PLM) team in new product introductions
- Quality is the main responsibility of the strategic buyer, quality notifications and corrective actions
- Responsible for the buy concept for MOB decisions, gives input for supply chain concepts
- Support Buyers in escalation procurement activities
- Responsible for supplier audits, supplier risk management (in NPDI projects as well as for serial suppliers)
Following requirements are necessary for this role:
- Technical degree with further training in purchasing, supply chain or similar
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience in purchasing or supply chain
- Good SAP knowledge and a general affinity for technology
- Methodological skills in Project Management and PLM are desired
- Knowledge of the global procurement markets and a deepened technical understanding of manufacturing processes in the producing industry are required
- Work experience in a global matrix organization (within R&D) is a big asset for this role
- Commitment to travel up to 20% is required
- Fluent in English and German, oral and written
We offer a challenging position in an innovative and world-leading high-tech company in which you will have the possibility to be part in a fast moving environment with an open-minded and diverse culture. Did we attract your interest? We are looking forward to hearing from you soon! We only accept direct applications.
Über Mettler Toledo
METTLER TOLEDO is a leading global supplier of precision instruments and services. We are recognized as an innovation leader and our solutions are critical in key R&D, quality control, and manufacturing processes for customers in a wide range of industries including life sciences, food, and chemicals. We operate throughout the world with a culture shaped by innovation and international flair.
We promote equal opportunity worldwide and value diversity in our teams in terms of business background, area of expertise, gender and ethnicity. For more information on our commitment to Sustainability, Diversity and Equal Opportunity please visit us here.