Student Internship (6 months)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than
100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula for how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
This is your chance to join a brand new venture from Lonza, one of the world’s leading and most-trusted suppliers to the pharmaceutical, biotech and specialty ingredients markets. Our Drug Product Services department will provide best-in-class services for parenteral dosage forms for several drug classes, and provide a one-stop-shop for all clinical outsourcing requirements. As an intern at Drug product Services, you can be at the heart of it, right from the start. As a research intern, you will be involved in novel R&D projects in Pharmaceutical development. You will use your scientific understanding along with novel analytical tools to solve problems that would make the Drug product development process more efficient and improve the likelihood of success.
You will be handling challenging problems on a daily basis as part of the Bioanalytics group at the Drug Product Services department. In particular, you will:
- Establish in vitro cellular functional assays to determine the potency of compounds
- Perform state-of-the-art research in cell biology applying a variety of molecular and cell biology methods
- Design, execute and analyze experiments under the supervision of team members
- Handle the cultivation of primary cells and cell lines
- Support the maintenance of a GMP laboratory environment
- Document and present accurate data.
- Enrolled in a program in a relevant area such as Biology, Biotechnology, Biochemistry or equivalent or a recent graduate
- A good understanding of cellular and molecular biology as well as immunology
- A strong team player but also able to work independently
- Experience in cell culture and cytotoxicity assays is a plus
- Self-motivated with a strong passion for science and interest for Pharmaceutical R&D
- Very good verbal and written communication skills, fluency in English
- A good sense for attention to detail
- Willingness to learn and execute complex tasks
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
R30243R31773R32495R3784 Switzerland, Basel