As part of the AppDynamics team you’ll enable our customers to focus on building features rather than troubleshooting issues. Every day, we help our customers proactively prevent application issues and slowdowns and expedite the root cause analysis of those issues. We make the war room a thing of the past by mapping applications end-to-end, in real-time, from the user's end device all the way to backend applications and databases.
As a Sales Engineer you’ll be a trusted advisor who partners with our Field Sales Team to provide unparalleled support to our customers, ensuring they understand the full power of the AppDynamics platform. Everything from demoing the platform to ensuring a successful hand-off to our Professional Services and Customer Success teams after the sale are all in a day’s work for you.
To be successful in this role, you’ll speak Fluent English and French and be a technical consultant who thrives in finding and solving our customer’s real-world, production issues. You’re a self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit who will work closely with our Sales Teams to strategize which accounts to target, generate compelling pipeline generation messages, and customize demonstrations that are relevant to those customers. Looking to grow? We’ll help there, too! Successful Sales Engineers have gone on to leadership roles and beyond.
It’s important for us to say that sometimes a candidate may have that “X” factor. If you think you have potential for this role, go ahead, apply! We keep your application on file, so even if this isn’t the role for you, we look at our database first for new roles that open up.
The impact you’ll have includes:
● Your first meeting of the day could be a deep technical conversation with an architect/engineer followed by a high-level discussion with a CIO that lets your passion for technology shine.
● Aligning our customers with the best solutions based on their unique environments and how we’ll support them.
● Empathetic listener – we are only as good as the customer champions we build.
● Ability to define your own career path – from technical and managerial to even a different domain within Cisco. The sky’s the limit for the right individual.
The experience you’ll need to succeed
- Bring your passion for technology and presenting!
- I you have basic knowledge of programming languages and writing codes, do not worry -we also welcome seasoned presales/systems engineers who bring good software presales experience and are willing to learn
- And other way round, if you master programming languages and writing codes, feels comfortable presenting and speaking in public, but have not been in a presales or system engineer role before – we would like to speak to You too, should you be willing to pursue your career that direction
- Experience in the following areas:
- OS command lines including Unix, Linux, Window command prompts as well as Unix, Linux, Windows shell scripting.
- Knowledge of basic networking components and concepts. Ability to troubleshoot basic networking issues that may prevent communication between hosts.
- Experience with application performance management technology and techniques, along with Cloud and Big Data technologies.
- Skilled in Java web application architecture frameworks, distribution mechanisms and messaging components such as servlets, struts, Spring, EJB, web services, RMI, JMS, MQ-Series.
As a team, we believe Sales Engineers are entrepreneurs that own their destiny with full autonomy. We are collaborative partners with our sales team, and all are dedicated to achieving results. Our manager realizes sales can be stressful and may not have traditional working hours, but so long as everyone is in sync, we are able to choose how to best do our job and when those hours might be.
Why you’ll love AppDynamics:
AppDynamics is an application performance monitoring solution that uses machine learning and artificial intelligence (AI) to provide real-time visibility and insight into IT environments. With our unique AIOps solution, you can take the right action at exactly the right time with automated anomaly detection, rapid root-cause analysis, and a unified view of your entire application ecosystem, including private and public clouds. Using AppDynamics, you’ll finally align IT, DevOps, and the business around the information that helps you protect your bottom line and deliver flawless customer experiences at scale. We make the digital world work. Our vision is to empower people and machines to continuously advance business performance to benefit everyone