Your job will be to help create and maintain state-of-the-art motion-capture systems to fuel research to create drivable virtual humans and enable human representation (Avatars/Holograms/photorealistic telepresence) for next generation VR/AR applications. We have made some important advances, but it will take a team with a wide spectrum of skills to fully realize this goal. We need to harden our systems and processes so we can repeatedly capture at high volumes. The ideal candidate is a person with demonstrated experience in the full life cycle of systems development. A qualified candidate will shatter silos by working across multiple disciplines, diverse teams, suppliers, and adopters to ensure all aspects of the project are covered.Systems Engineer Responsibilities
- Provide technical leadership for quality, stability and system output by monitoring system and infrastructure effectiveness
- Integrate new captures systems or changes into existing operations includes concept vetting, understanding the use case(s), impact of change, integration and test planning, verification and validation
- Lead issue review and prioritization process including designing and implementing tests, debugging and defining corrective actions
- Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, risk analysis, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems
- Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate stakeholder requests into hardware and software
- Collect system level requirements and drive the derivation of sub-system level requirements for new motion-capture systems
- Produce and present informal status briefings to project management
- Collaborate in a team environment across engineering disciplines.
- Travel required: maximum 15%, includes domestic and international travels
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent experience
- Experience working on applied research and/or product development involving joint hardware/software design, development, and integration
- Experience in working with cross-functional teams including Engineering, Research, Product Design, etc.
- System design and test experience with one or more subsystems or disciplines outside of Systems Engineering (e.g., Electrical, Mechanical, Software, etc.)
- Experience or education in project management and cross-functional partnerships
- Experience in any programming language
- 5+ years of experience in a Systems Engineering or related role
- Technical experience in full life cycle development of hardware or software including design, integration, and test
- Experience building sensing systems which include cameras, depth sensors, IMUs, microphones, etc.
- Experience with software development, including but not limited to C, C++, or Python
- Familiarity of computer and networking architectures, server development and deployment
- Experience in fault analysis or failure mode analysis
- Experience in integration planning
- Experience in systems engineering processes, system architecture principles, and/or systems integration into development program life cycle activities
- Experience taking a system from concept to deployment
LocationsAbout the Facebook company Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started. Meta is committed to providing reasonable support (called accommodations) in our recruiting processes for candidates with disabilities, long term conditions, mental health conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs, or who are neurodivergent or require pregnancy-related support. If you need support, please reach out to email@example.com.