Writing the future. Together.
Avaloq is a value driven, fast-paced financial technology and services company and we are committed to developing the banking solutions of tomorrow.
By joining Avaloq, you’ll become a key part of our effort to power the digital transformation of the financial services industry. Our ambition is big and bold – to provide full end-to-end digital solutions by combining our leading efficiency with a flexible, responsible digital user experience. Headquartered in Zurich, Avaloq has over 2,000 employees globally. More information is available at www.avaloq.com
As a member of the Securities Finance team, you will be part of an agile team tackling the challenges of complex business area of Securities Lending and Borrowing, Repo Trading and Collateral Management, which we simplify for our end users through use of clever algorithms and front-to-end integrated solutions.
Beyond our fully integrated Avaloq Core Platform, we are building new products based on highly scalable and distributed microservice architecture deployed to Openshift Container Platform.
We put great emphasis on strong ownership, frequent interactions, and quick execution. We follow an agile approach and are committed to bringing high quality and innovative solutions to our extensive global customer base.
Understand the user / client needs to define specifications of the architecture and collaborate closely with respective stakeholders
Ensure conformity of End to End architectures with Avaloq concepts, strategy, blueprints and best practices in Avaloq
Support design and delivery teams in providing architecture designs
Review and verify design documents, effort estimations, implementation artefacts and technical solutions
Liaise with stakeholders to identify areas of improvement and define standards and patterns
Create prototypes, proof-of-concepts and a clear economic assessment
Documentation (including publication), communication, education and coaching. Document high level architecture and lead education
Provide Architecture consulting to Avaloq customers
- Coaches software engineers and teaches architectural patterns
What you need:
- University degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Minimum of 5 years of continuous relevant experience
- In-depth knowledge of software engineering in an object-oriented programming language
- Good knowledge and sound understanding of database technologies (SQL, Oracle PL/SQL)
- Eagerness to learn and understand the business needs aiming to provide clean designs and high-quality code with end user in mind
- Strong conceptual and analytical mind with a structured and autonomous approach to work on complex technical and business problems
- Avaloq experience
You will get extra points for the following:
- Knowledge / experience in Kubernetes (Openshift), Docker
- Knowledge / experience in Git, Gradle, Jenkins, Bash
- Knowledge / experience with Java Spring framework, Spring Boot, Hibernate/JPA
- Hands-on experience in building distributed applications, (preferably) using microservice architectures and various integration patterns (messaging, RESTful API)
- Experience in the finance industry
This role can be based in Zurich, Bioggio or Edinburgh.
Now let's talk about perks and compensation:
We offer high flexibility in regards to working models (e.g. part time and home office models are possible depending on business requirements). Our base salaries are competitive and if you prove to be a superstar, you might even be entitled to an extraordinary achievement reward. Avaloq aims to share its success with all its employees by paying out “Success Share Units” depending on its performance in a given year.
At Avaloq we embrace diversity, we embrace difference. We are whole-heartedly committed to equal employment opportunities and we foster an inclusive culture where everyone’s' contributions are valued and their voices are listened to. We hire, compensate and promote regardless of origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other fascinating characteristics that make us different. Please note that our job descriptions are intended to be written in an inclusive and gender neutral language.
Don’t be shy – apply!
Please only apply online, preferably with pdf documents.
Note to Agencies: All unsolicited résumés will be considered direct applicants and no referral fee will be acknowledged.