Team Leader in the Process Technology Group (f/n/m) - (18028240)
Syngenta is a leading agriculture company helping to improve global food security by enabling millions of farmers to make better use of available resources. Through world class science and innovative crop solutions, our 28,000 people in over 90 countries are working to transform how crops are grown. We are committed to rescuing land from degradation, enhancing biodiversity and revitalizing rural communities.
We are currently seeking an Organic Chemist with PhD as Team Leader in the Process Technology Group (f/n/m) in Muttenz (BL), Switzerland.
In this role you will be an integral part of process development activities for new Active Ingredients as well as optimising and supporting established Active Ingredients manufactured at our plant in Muttenz. The plant is located at Infrapark Baselland in Muttenz, and the proximity of the plant to our Technical Development Centre in Muenchwilen will facilitate the transition of new products from pilot plant to full scale manufacture.
- To develop and optimize the chosen synthesis route and to scale it up from pilot plant to full manufacturing.
- To design the process for full scale manufacturing together with process engineers.
- To assess and optimize the process safety and the ecological impact together with the specialists in the organization.
- To support manufacturing during commissioning and process improvement activities.
- To support, as process technology expert, the process transfers to in-house and 3rd party manufacturers.
- To support manufacturing trials for establishing new raw material suppliers.
- To lead a lab team with 2-4 well trained lab technicians.
- With adequate experience you will lead the technology strategy for one to two Active Ingredients and represent the process technology function in multi-disciplinary project teams.
What we expect:
- A PhD in organic chemistry, typically with a Post Doc or equivalent experience.
- An aptitude for organic synthesis and solving complex scientific problems.
- Strong planning and organizational skills. Project management experience is advantageous.
- Experience in manufacturing support is an advantage.
- Excellent communication and teamwork are essential, as is a flexible approach to your work.
- You will be expected to deal with changing requirements and achieve tight deadlines.
- Awareness of fundamentals of process safety and ecology standards are an add-on.
- You are fluent in German. Good knowledge in English, both oral and written, is expected. French is a benefit.
What we offer:
- Scientific and technical excellence
- Contribution to valuable and impactful work, in a stimulating environment -> #bringingplantpotentialtolife
- Work in interdisciplinary teams
- Continuous professional development and high scientific standards are foundations of our culture
- Well-equipped laboratories and experienced colleagues
Sounds like your next step? We look forward to receiving your online application including all relevant documents (cover letter, CV, diploma, certificates)
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
: R&D - Development