The AR/VR team at Facebook is developing future products in augmented reality and virtual reality with breakthrough work in computer vision, and machine learning that will enable groundbreaking experiences for consumers and businesses. With global departments dedicated to AR/VR research, computer vision, haptics, social interaction, and more, Facebook is committed to driving the state-of-the-art forward through relentless innovation. AR/VR’s potential to change the world is immense—and we’re just getting started. Our XR Tech team explores, develops, and delivers new cutting-edge technologies that serve as the foundation of current and future AR/VR products. From mixed reality and human interaction to natural inputs and beyond, XR Tech is focused on taking new technologies from early concept to the product level while iterating, prototyping, and realizing the human value and new experiences they open up. As the Computer Vision Technical Program Manager for the XR Tech team, you will be pivotal in helping to shape the Computer Vision and Machine Learning technology work streams towards future AR/VR products. The technology will enable all-day wearable always-on XR devices to have spatially aware, contextual, and collaborative XR experiences that are immersively integrated into the physical world. This is a highly cross functional role with partnerships across various other software and hardware teams. The ideal candidate is someone who is experienced in computer vision in the context of consumer electronic devices and is passionate about applying it to discover new user experiences in AR/VR related products.Technical Program Manager, Computer Vision Responsibilities
- Work with the cross functional product core team in establishing requirements for the map building team.
- Work with the teams to set milestones, create integration plans and actively manage issues/risks of the programs.
- Lead cross functional teams that leverages the core computer vision/machine learning capabilities to build features for our future devices.
- Ensure cross functional alignment across hardware, software, and computer vision teams.
- Communicate program status, risks and mitigation plans to executives.
- Ensure project documents are complete, current and available for staff and leadership review.
- Identify resources needed and work closely with the team leads to maintain full visibility of multiple projects, ensuring resource gaps are addressed efficiently.
- Bachelor in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- 6+ years experience in Technical Program Management with experience in either the technology (applied computer vision/machine learning), or software development for consumer products.
- Communication skills and experience working with highly technical teams and communicating to non-technical partners.
- Problem-solving skills, attention to detail, organizational skills and a focus on continuous improvement.
- Interpersonal skills, including relationship building and collaboration within diverse, cross-functional teams.
- Experience operating autonomously across multiple teams.
LocationsAbout the Facebook company Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable support (called accommodations) in our recruiting processes for candidates with disabilities, long term conditions, mental health conditions or who are neurodivergent, and to candidates with sincerely held religious beliefs or requiring pregnancy related support. If you need support, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.