Dow Plastics Additives business is a worldwide supplier of additives used in a large variety of applications ranging from construction materials and pipes and window profile, packaging films and containers to consumer appliances & electronics, business machines, and automotive parts. Whether for PVC, polyester, polycarbonate, or other engineering plastics or blends, these plastics all owe their properties to Dow’s invisible workhorses. Dow additives add impact strength, clarity, chemical & heat resistance, weather resistance, and color retention properties to base polymers. They also aid in the processing of plastics by increasing melt strength, heat stability, and lubricity thereby enabling plastics processors to achieve greater output rates and increased efficiency without loss of quality.
Dow’s Plastics Additives business supplies its acrylic products from 2 manufacturing plants located in Europe and products specially used for Durables, Electronics & Transportation (DE&T) from Singapore. The successful candidate will be an integral part of our business to capture and grow the new businesses in EMEAI in the PVC segment mainly for B&C industry and in the DE&T applications. Successfully developing and delivering on this strategy is required for the Plastic Additives Business to achieve its global profitable growth ambitions.
- Primary focus on European German speaking areas for both above described segments for existing priority customers and for new developing customers and applications;
- Exploit new technical and commercial opportunities and new application in DE&T.
- Also develop and implement technical driven, growth project activities in the construction area.
- Communicate and coordinate business with sales, technical service, plant, supply chain and marketing colleagues including other countries to ensure alignment of EMEAI Business and Global Strategy.
- Manage existing sales accounts, maintain and find growth area, and assess new sales development opportunities, based on customer needs, value propositions and pricing, and meet the entire sales target in German speaking area and Poland.
- Analyze competitors’ activity and market trends.
- Develops and executes sales/marketing plan, delivering the volume and value.
- Leads/conducts negotiations, implements price changes.
- Collaborates with other function(s) stakeholders to deliver improving CX result.
- Uses CRM, ARIBA, Smart Pricing/Vendavo.
- Minimum Master's Degree with Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering degree. Master in Technical Science and /or a combination with Economics or Business Administration is a plus
- Minimum 5 years in relevant sales, marketing and/or business development.
- PVC or other thermoplastic polymer compounding and melt-processing knowledge (ex. Mixing, blending and extrusion). Technical and industry knowledge of plastic compounds used in a broad set of markets including building and construction, automotive, durable goods and electronics.
- Strong commercial skills and volume/price negotiation, attitude in customer orientation.
- Good interpersonal relationship builder.
- Team player who can balance the regional objectives with those of the global business.
- Leadership skills to work cross-functionally and ability to successfully drive projects and any issues through influence.
- Self-starter / bias for action.
- Project management skills, business acumen, and strategic / analytical thinking capability.
- Fluency in German and English is required.
- Travel estimated up to 50%.
Closing date: Friday 5th June 2020
Location: Germany (Wiesbaden) or Switzerland (Horgen)
Please check eligibility to work before applying.
If you would like an informal/formal discussion feel free to contact Karl Davies - email@example.com
- A robust total rewards program, including: competitive base pay, variable pay that rewards individual, team, and Company performance, and comprehensive benefits
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
- Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
- The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines global breadth, asset integration and scale, focused innovation and leading business positions to achieve profitable growth. The Company’s ambition is to become the most innovative, customer centric, inclusive and sustainable materials science company. Dow’s portfolio of plastics, industrial intermediates, coatings and silicones businesses delivers a broad range of differentiated science-based products and solutions for its customers in high-growth market segments, such as packaging, infrastructure and consumer care. Dow operates 109 manufacturing sites in 31 countries and employs approximately 36,500 people. Dow delivered sales of approximately $43 billion in 2019. References to Dow or the Company mean Dow Inc. and its subsidiaries. For more information, please visit www.dow.com or follow @DowNewsroom on Twitter.