Technical Support Engineer – Industrial Adhesives (m/f)
(Ref: TSIA – ST01)
To support our Business Development team within the Advanced Materials division, we are looking for a Technical Support Engineer – Industrial Adhesives. The position is a permanent and full-time contract, at our Advanced Materials European HQ in Basel, CH. Business travel up to 50% may be required.
As Technical Support Engineer you will :
- Act as primarily contact for our customers on all technical questions and service requests in regards of our adhesive portfolio
- Lead technical discussions with internal stakeholders and customers on our adhesive product range
- Promote new and existing products and technologies to customers and sales teams through customer visits, exhibitions, trainings
- Support the innovation pipeline by generating customer insights to define product profiles. Contribute to project follow up, validate technical outcome, and prepare launch packages
- Investigate product related complaints and coordinate with other functions (e.g Technology & Innovation, Manufacturing etc.)
- Actively contribute to various sales tools including Technical Data Sheets and support market/technology watch
- Represent Huntsman in customer visits, projects meetings, congresses, trade fairs, publications etc.
- Work in close collaboration with sales, marketing, communications and product development teams to follow up technical projects and coordinate with laboratory service request activities
- Ensure that all activities of the team are in line with Environment, Health and Safety principles and Compliance requirements
- Master degree or equivalent in material science, chemistry, mechanical engineering
- At least five years of professional experience in an international environment in similar positions. Experience in specialty chemical industry is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of the market and products in the Adhesives industry is required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to pass clear and compelling messages at all level within the organisation but also with external stakeholders and customers
- Ability to combine technical knowledge with business development skills and customer interaction
- Entrepreneurial mindset; self-driven and highly motivated
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills with a team player attitude
- Effective oral and written English skills, German and any other language is an asset
- Good IT and MS office knowledge
If you are interested in this position, we are looking forward to receiving your application.
Please submit your resume via our Huntsman Career Home Page.
Huntsman Corporation is a publicly traded global manufacturer and marketer of differentiated and specialty chemicals with 2020 revenues of approximately $6 billion. Our chemical products number in the thousands and are sold worldwide to manufacturers serving a broad and diverse range of consumer and industrial end markets. We operate more than 70 manufacturing, R&D and operations facilities in approximately 30 countries and employ approximately 9,000 associates within our four distinct business divisions. For more information about Huntsman, please visit the company's website at www.huntsman.com.
Any personal data that you provide to Huntsman International LLC, its subsidiaries or its affiliates (together, “Huntsman”) as part of the online recruitment process and/or otherwise for potential employment (including any sensitive personal data) will be handled according to Huntsman’s Notice about the Processing of Personal Data of Applicants, which is located on the Company’s privacy page at www.Huntsman.com