JOBS Test Engineer / Technician
Schmid & Partner Engineering AG (SPEAG), the leading developer and manufacturer of advanced, efficient, and reliable test equipment for the evaluation of near- and far-field electromagnetic (EM) radiation, EM materials, and their applications, is currently seeking applicants for the post as
Test Engineer / Technician
SPEAG, together with its partner organizations the Foundation for Research on Information Technologies in Society (IT’IS) and ZMT Zurich MedTech AG (ZMT), forms the Zurich43 alliance. Z43’s dedicated mission is to expand the knowledge and technology for the (i) characterization, optimization, and application of the EM near-field and (ii) predictive modelling of interactions between physical agents and physiology in complex anatomies.
- Support of the development and release of our next generation near-field measurement technologies
- Deriving test protocols and requirements from internal and external specifications
- Independent execution of software, hardware, and system-level tests (manually and automated using scripting)
- Comprehensive failure analysis with documentation and close interaction with developers to resolve technical problems
- Ability to work in an ambitious interdisciplinary team with varying and tight timelines
- Qualification as Physics Laboratory Assistant, or degree (Bachelor or Master) in Electrical Engineering
- Extensive experience with Good Laboratory Practice (GLP)
- Experience in verification and validation procedures of product functionality in Hardware and Software
- Programming experience ideally in C++ or Python is a plus
- Knowledge in electromagnetics and radiofrequency technologies is a plus
- Strong sense of responsibility and highest quality standard of work
- Self-motivation, excellent organizational and communication skills, impeccable attention to detail, friendly personality and team-spirit, sensitivity to customer needs, and ability to manage several tasks simultaneously, work independently in a fast-paced environment, and to meet tight deadlines
- Good command of the English language (both written and spoken), ability to communicate in German a plus
- Willingness for occasional business trips to customers worldwide
- Stimulating environment for innovation at the forefront of our research areas and key technologies
- State-of-the-art laboratories, high-performance computing clusters, and production facilities
- Vibrant and open company culture thanks to a diverse and creative mix of people from across the globe with various backgrounds in physics, electronics, mathematics, biology, etc.
- Colleagues who are smart, competent, and passionate about valuable, cutting-edge work and who strive to meet high ethical standards
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Direct applications are preferred; applications submitted via recruitment agencies are discouraged. Please note that incomplete applications will be disregarded. The candidate must be a resident in Switzerland and hold a valid work permit.
Please send your application documents (in English) consisting of motivational letter, detailed CV (max 2 pages), diplomas, transcripts (with grades), work certificates and/or reference letters (if available) to:
Zurich43, Yvonne Maeder, Zeughausstrasse 43, 8004 Zurich, Switzerland, Phone: +41 44 245 97 38, firstname.lastname@example.org
Informal enquiries are welcome and should be directed to Dr. Sven Kühn.
cDASY6 Module WPT Release – Our New MAGPy Technology for DASY6
24/11/2020 Use of DASY6 for Devices Operating at 6 – 10 GHz
10/11/2020 SEMCAD X Matterhorn Major Release V19.0
27/10/2020 cSAR3D V4.0: A Breakthrough in Array System Technology
01/09/2020 cDASY6 Module WPT Pre-Release – Our New MAGPy Technology for DASY6
18/08/2020 mmWave ½SAM Phantoms Extend OTA Testing in CATR for 5G FR2 Devices
29/07/2020 Publications Confirm: DASY6 is the Most Accurate SAR System