Zurich, Zurich, CH
Underwriting Assistant (80 - 100%)
About Swiss Re Corporate Solutions
Swiss Re is one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer. We anticipate and manage risks, from natural catastrophes and climate change to cybercrime.
Swiss Re Corporate Solutions is the commercial insurance arm of the Swiss Re Group. We offer innovative insurance solutions to large and midsized multinational corporations from our approximately 50 locations worldwide. We help clients mitigate their risk exposure, whilst our industry-leading claims service provides them with additional peace of mind.
Swiss Re Corporate Solutions offers a flexible working environment where curious and adaptable people thrive. Are you interested in joining us?
About the Role
The role supports our Property Underwriting team in Switzerland in the handling of insurance business for our corporate customers and their brokers. Duties and responsibilities directly impact productivity, process efficiency, timeliness, profitability and accuracy of the underwriting process as well as the service delivery to customers and brokers. This position may require occasional travel for business meetings or training.
Your main tasks will include the following:
- To accurately reflect the terms and conditions of business written in our administration systems
- To manage & coordinate International Programs (Producing & Incoming) in close collaboration with the Underwriter
- To support the Underwriting team with new business, renewal package preparation (deal analysis of renewal accounts incl. cost tool entries and UW thought process) and endorsement triaging and preparation
- To prepare and issue documents (binders, policies, endorsements and certificates) to our customers
- To issue invoices where required, including Insurance Premium Tax calculations, and work with our centralized Technical Accounting team to follow-up on outstanding premium positions
- To be in contact with our customers and brokers on a regular basis and attend customer and broker meetings
Additionally you will:
- Compile, sort, review and verify data accuracy using source documents, detect errors, and initiate correction while following-up with customer or process owner regarding any inconsistencies found
- Follow-up on outstanding information or items as per internal guidelines following standard operating procedures.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of standard operating procedures and continuous improvement of our tools and processes by providing user feedback and sharing improvement ideas.
About the Team
In EMEA Operations we provide support to the Swiss Re Corporate Solutions (CorSo) Underwriting Teams in handling insurance and reinsurance business for corporations and/or their captives.
You will be joining the local Swiss team based in Zurich, having a variety of proficiencies, skills and experience, all committed to bring success to Corporate Solutions. In this role you will work closely with the EMEA Operations teams in centralized and offshore locations as well as your peers in other EMEA locations.Would you be interested to join our team?
- Passionate about delivering excellent service to our customers and brokers
- Actively contributing to the team spirit and ability to build and maintain effective working relations with people in a multicultural environment
- A highly motivated individual with ability to work independently and proactively, always keeping our customers' needs in mind
- Accountable to deliver timely and accurate business processing also during peak times
- Enjoying an agile and fast paced work environment
- A passed apprenticeship in the insurance sector with a minimum of 3 years of meaningful job experience and understanding of (Re/)Insurance business in the Swiss Insurance market and Multinational Program Business in particular
- Any further education is an advantage
- Property Insurance Knowledge - any additional other line of business experience is very welcome
- Excellent communication skills (reading, written and verbal) in German and English is a requirement - any other European language is a plus
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- The ability to prioritize, plan, coordinate and manage personal work
- Strong user skills in Microsoft Office Package (special focus on Excel)
We are looking forward to your application!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Swiss Re offers modern work models and attractive workplaces that allow all employees to adapt to changing work preferences and life phases.
Reference Code: 96663
Job Segment: Underwriter, Claims, Insurance