Roche Postdoctoral Fellowship in Clinical and Digital Neuroscience
Switzerland, Basel-City, Basel Headquarter
- Job facts
The Roche Postdoctoral Fellowship (RPF) program is aimed at supporting excellent young scientists focusing on collaborative R&D projects between Roche and international academic institutions. Both internal Roche and academic experts will mentor you, and you will be based mainly at the main Roche campus in Basel, Switzerland.
The pRED translational medicine and Informatics groups at the Roche Innovation Center Basel aims to strengthen their digital biomarker team with this two-year post-doctoral position. The field of ‘Digital Biomarkers’ is a young and rapidly expanding research area centered on the remote collection of frequent symptom data from patients using smartphone or wearable sensors. These provide high-dimensional, longitudinal datasets of sensor-derived features.
This post-doctoral position will entail the analyses of longitudinal Parkinson’s disease digital biomarker data and the writeup of manuscripts describing these findings in clinical neuroscientific journals. In close collaboration with internal and academic experts, you will develop a deep and comprehensive understanding of the heterogeneity of the disease state of an individual with Parkinson’s disease, how this is reflected in our digital biomarker feature data and how this evolves over time. These results will support and inform future digital biomarker development for neurodegenerative disease in Roche as part of an agile Digital Biomarker team. Finally, you will publish these results in high-impact journals and present them at internal and external meetings.
WHO YOU ARE
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
You hold a recent PhD (obtained within the last 4 years) in natural science, computer science, or clinical neuroscience coupled with strong data analytic background. In addition you have / are:
- a fluent English speaker
- excellent scientific writing skills
- enjoy working in interdisciplinary environments, collaborating with engineers, data analysis expert and neuroscientists
- experience analyzing dense, longitudinal datasets
- a strong background in clinical neuroscience
Please include a detailed CV with a publication list and contact information for at least two references, and a cover letter with your expected date of availability.
- Who we areAt Roche, 94,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
- Job facts
- Location Switzerland, Basel-City, Basel Headquarter
- Function Research & Development
- Subfunction Research
- Schedule Full time
- Job level Entry Level
- Job type Temporary (Fixed Term)
- Division Roche Pharmaceuticals
- Posted since 2018/06/12
- Job-ID 201805-107637
- You could also like these jobsTranslational Medicine Leader, OncologySwitzerland, Basel-City, Basel HeadquarterTranslational Medicine Leader-NeurodegenerationSwitzerland, Basel-City, Basel HeadquarterRoche Postdoctoral Fellowship in Clinical and Digital NeuroscienceSwitzerland, Basel-City, Basel Headquarter